This year the market has been decorated for the Holidays by Rusty Thomas, a renowned event designer whose long-lists of credits include the ‘1992’ Democratic National Convention, and the legendary Hotel Carlyle where he catered to legendary last names: Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Astor, and Kennedy. He’s also worked extensively with 3 former First Ladies; Nancy Reagan, Hillary Clinton, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. He and Nancy collaborated for 27 years on topiary, right up to her death.
His vision for the Market was simple. Simple! Old fashioned local… but with the elegance of abundance with the occasional sparkle.
In addition to this stunning work, Rusty will also be selling hostess gifts such as potted amaryllis, holiday napkin rings and holiday greens in tole cache pots for you to add to your own home holiday decor.
You can visit his website at rustythomaseventdesigner.com.
Courtesy of Cottage Spice Co.
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon slices
How it’s done:
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- Warm the honey, stir in sherry, cardamom and pepper.
- Coat chicken and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Sear chicken in olive oil until golden brown.
- Line a baking dish with lemon slices, layer chicken and brush on marinade, salt & pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is browned and crisp, and cooked through.
Ingredients available at the Stockton Market
Sherry, extra virgin olive oil, cardamom and peppercorns: Cottage Spice
All natural chicken, honey: Highland Gourmet market
Lemons: Blue Moon Acres