Full of seasonal heirloom tomatoes, this recipe from Megan at Market Pizza will make your mouth burst with flavor!
- Pizza Dough- 3.5 oz. ball (Make your own or pick up one from Market Pizza)
- A variety of Heirloom Tomatoes from Blue Moon Acres (Megan likes Roasted Chocolate Stripes and Orange Russian!)
- A variety of Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Grated Mozzarella (best to purchase block cheese and grate yourself vs pre-grated packages!)
- Dried Oregano
- 2-oz ball of Burrata
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Reduction
For the Heirloom Tomatoes:
- Slice tomatoes 1/4 to 1/2 inches” thick
- Arrange on an greased sheet pan
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put in oven, preferably a convection oven 250° F for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Make sure tomatoes do not dry out completely. This may be done a day or two in advanced.
- Cool on sheet pan and put in a container in refrigerator if prepping a day prior.
For the Cherry Tomatoes:
- Cut in small pieces
For the Balsamic Reduction:
- Add Balsamic Vinegar in small sauce pan and cook on low heat. Continue to stir as it starts to bubble up.
- Add raw cane sugar to thicken it up. Remove from heat. Be careful not to over cook it as it gets thicker as it cools down.
Assemble the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to at least 500° F if cooking in a conventional house hold oven and let it heat it for a full hour before you intend to cook. The higher the temperature the better! If you are using a pizza stone, steel or a set of tiles, begin by placing it on the middle rack of the oven before you turn it on, allowing it to preheat for a hour.
- Stretch out dough to approx. 10” inches
- Carefully place your shaped dough on a lightly floured pizza peel or cutting board, or on the back of a baking pan, and shake the peel, board or pan back and forth a few times to make sure the dough can move. If you are using a sheet pan, lightly oil the pan, then stretch the risen dough into the shape of the pan.
- Brush dough with extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle salt around the edge of dough
- Dust entire dough with parmesan and oregano
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella
- Place 6 pieces of roasted tomatoes around dough
- Sprinkle in the chopped fresh cherry tomatoes
- Leave space in center for Burrata
Gently slide the pie onto the stone or tiles in oven, starting at the back and working your way toward its front.
Cook until the dough rises and begins to golden. At least three minutes (oven’s vary so watch your timing).
Pull out pizza and put Burrata into the center of pizza. Put back in oven for 1-2 minutes so Burrata warms and the pizza is nice and crunchy to the way you like it.
Once its complete, pull out. Drizzle olive oil on the edges, add lots of fresh basil, drizzle a balsamic reduction and more parmesan.
Enjoy this magical summer pizza!
Megan, The Market Pizza Witch
Ingredients available at the Stockton Market
Pre-made Pizza Dough: Market Pizza
Spices: Cottage Spice
Shrimp: Metropolitan Seafood
Heirloom & Cherry Tomatoes, Basil: Blue Moon Acres
Cheese: Manny’s All Natural Meats