Courtesy of BBQ 434
For the Pork Belly Burnt Ends:
- 12 pound pork belly, REMOVE SKIN & ½ the fat sliced into cubes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Dry Rub – see Below
For the Dry Rub:
- 1 cup Chili Powder
- 1 cup Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, Granulated
- 2 Tablespoons Onion, Granulated/Powder
- 1/2 Cup Black Pepper
For the Sauce:
- 4 cups BBQ 434 sauce
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
How it’s done:
- Preheat smoker to 225 – 250 degrees using fruit wood (we used cherry for color and sweeter flavor)
- Trim excess skin and fat off the pork belly and slice into 2 inch cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Add olive oil and dry rub liberally and then place cubes onto a wire rack or directly on the smoker.
- Smoke uncovered for three hours. Look for a darker red color and a modest bark develop.
- Remove the pork belly cubes from the smoker and place into a foil pan and then add your BBQ sauce, butter, and honey, and stir. Next cover the pan with aluminum foil and place back on the smoker.
- Cook for an additional 60 minutes
Ingredients available at the Stockton Market
Spices: Cottage Spice
Honey: Highland Gourmet market