Courtesy of Metropolitan Seafood
- 4 hake fillets 6 to 8 ounces each (you could use hake or skinless halibut with great success)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil divided
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- 1½ pounds of zucchini, cut into half-moon shapes
- 1½ cups of grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup of fresh chopped basil
How it’s done:
- Season the hake fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the hake fillets, flesh side down first, and cook over until they are browned, about 3 minutes per side or until just opaque when fork tested.
- Transfer the fish to a warm platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and cook the garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper and add the tomatoes to the skillet. Increase the heat to high and cook the tomatoes for about 2 to 3 minutes or until they begin to just breakdown; adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To serve, spoon the zucchini mixture around and on top of the cod fillets.
- Garnish with the basil and lemon wedges
Ingredients available at the Stockton Market
Fish: Metropolitan Seafood
Spices: Cottage Spice
Olive Oil: Mediterranean Delicacies
Vegetables & Herbs: Blue Moon Acres