This year the market has been decorated for the Holidays by Rusty Thomas, a renowned event designer whose long-lists of credits include the ‘1992’ Democratic National Convention, and the legendary Hotel Carlyle where he catered to legendary last names: Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Astor, and Kennedy. He’s also worked extensively with 3 former First Ladies; Nancy Reagan, Hillary Clinton, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. He and Nancy collaborated for 27 years on topiary, right up to her death.
His vision for the Market was simple. Simple! Old fashioned local… but with the elegance of abundance with the occasional sparkle.
In addition to this stunning work, Rusty will also be selling hostess gifts such as potted amaryllis, holiday napkin rings and holiday greens in toile cache pots for you to add to your own home holiday decor.
You can visit his website at rustythomaseventdesigner.com.
Megan Holt-Jones of Market Pizza and Jennifer Williford of Fisherman’s Mark in front of the Holiday Giving Tree
Once again for the holidays the market is collaborating with Fisherman’s Mark to bring a holiday tree of giving to benefit local residents in need in Bucks and Hunterdon Counties. Our own Megan from Market Pizza has been crucial in bringing Fisherman’s Mark to the market and we salute her efforts.
We hope you will stop by and grab a tag or two to help support this incredibly worthy cause!
HOW THE GIVING TREE WORKS
- Take a gift tag from the tree
- Purchase requested item
- Return unwrapped gift with tag to the Fisherman’s Mark gift box by Sunday, December 22nd.
HOW WILL YOUR GIFT BE USED?
Your gift will be used to help a client in need. Gift cards will be distributed to clients who are in financial crisis and need necessary items.
Toys will be offered to clients on our Grandparents Shopping Day so that they can give a gift to their loved ones!
For over 38 years, the Mission of Fisherman’s Mark is to strengthen our community. With responsive programs and services that promote stability, health, and education, Fisherman’s Mark is an advocate for positive change in the in the lives of our neighbors and their families.
Last Year Fisherman’s Mark:
- Fed the community, distributing over 175,000 lbs. of food through our Food Pantry Programs
- Helped over 200 individuals navigating a crisis: addressing issues including housing, employment, healthcare, domestic violence, financial stability, mental health, elder care and more
- Provided nationally accredited early education to 70+ children, with 30% participating in tuition assistance
- Distributed over 600 Thanksgiving and Holiday meals
- Provided backpacks of school supplies to almost 100 area kids
- Brought the joy of the holidays to over 250 children through our Holiday Gift program
- Promoted wellness to the public through outreach initiatives including our Farmers, Families & Fisherman’s Mark Farm Stand, Food for Thought …..and much, much more
37 SOUTH MAIN STREET · LAMBERTVILLE, NJ 08530 · (609) 397.0194